For the next few days, we have the Gold Ridge Resource Conservation District's seed drill (for drilling cover crop seed) at our disposal, so I have to take advantage of last nights rain and this machine! It's bedtime for big chunks of the farm right now; they are getting tucked in with compost seeded into a life and fertility giving cover crop mix.
It was a gloriously beautiful harvest morning today; sun shining through dark clouds onto the newly wet earth. The vegetables definitely soaked up that rain. We think you'll be able to taste it in this week's share!
See you in the fields,
THIS WEEK'S HARVEST: Jester Acorn Squash, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Cured Yellow Onions, Fresh Torpedo Onions, Heirloom Tomatoes, Green Sweet Peppers, Summer Squash, Purple Top Turnips, Beets, Napa Cabbage, Celery Root, Rainbow Carrots, Broccoli Spigarello, Red Russian Kale, Arugula, Braising Mix (with Ethiopian Mustards, Baby Kale, Frizee and Radicchio), assorted Head Lettuce
U-PICK on the FARM:
- Jack O' Lanterns: We brought the Jack O's into the barn so that we can start transitioning that field into cover crop. Did everyone get one? Don't be shy! Limit 1 per share. For households with two or more children, limit is 2 per share.
U-PICK in the GARDEN:
- -Shishito and Black Hungarian Frying Peppers (the never-ending miracle pepper crop continues)
- -Padrones & Jalapeños
- -Husk Cherries
- -Strawberry snacks
- -All herbs and flowers.
Garlic Planting Party & Fall Harvest Potluck
- When: Sunday, November 5th, Garlic Planting at 2:00 pm, Potluck at 5:30
- Where: Out in the main fields next to the raspberries
- What now? A party wherein we plant for future by popping, dropping, covering and mulching 2018's garlic!
- What-to-bring: Clothes you don't mind getting dirty. Water, sunhat, snacks, and a dish inspired by the Fall harvest and garden herbs